If you are getting ready to list your home for sale, you need to do some pre-listing items to boost your chances of a quick sale. Newly listed homes get the most interest and showings in the first couple weeks of the listing hitting the MLS. You want to ensure offers from these first-to-look buyers because the traffic will slow down after the ‘newness’ of your listing wears off. Selling your home fast in Las Vegas offer some tips to do before your listing goes active.
Useful Tips For Selling Your Home Fast In Las Vegas
· Price – Look at comps from your agent for listings and recently sold houses in your neighborhood and price it accordingly. House selling and buying is a true supply and demand market.
· Be selective about your agent/broker– Tech savvy agents will have many tools to market your home to the right, targeted buyers. Ensure that you and your agent choose your target market specifically so they can target to the proper buyers with the most profitable marketing tools.
· Kitchens – This is the most important room to buyers. If it is outdated, it could lose you tens of thousands of dollars. There are little things to update it such as new hardware and fresh neutral paint. If you’re going to upgrade or remodel, and you have the funds to do it, this where you want to spend the money. The return on investment, depending what you do and you don’t go excessive, can be dollar for dollar or more. If you are a DIY’er, ensure that you can do a professional job, or hire out what you cannot do. A bad remodel will definitely hurt your selling points.
· Show Ready – Your home has to be “show ready” at all times, make it that way now before it’s listed and keep it that way constantly. Remove clutter by removing at least half of the stuff out of your closets and storage areas, organize, and keep it clean. Take out any items that you want to take with you. Rearrange furniture for a more spacious feel, pull away from the walls, and use groupings. Remove all excess furniture that crowds the room.
· Depersonalize – Buyers need to be able to see themselves in your home, not your family.
· First impressions – Curb appeal and entryways.
· Pets – Not everyone likes pets. Make your home seem pet-free.
· Set the mood – Lighting and scent speak immediately to the senses of buyers. Ensure that the lighting is perfect for the time of day to show off the positive areas in your home, kitchen, baths, and living rooms. Vision and smell are two of the most sensitive senses that directly affect moods.
Not much is slow in Las Vegas, having a great agent to help you sell your home quickly can make all the difference. If you are in the market for buying or selling a home, Ken Couture is the best realtor in Las Vegas to help you. Call us at (702) 476-0060 or fill out the form below.