Home improvements are something that is always happening when you own a home. It can be something as little as sprucing up your front door or as big as putting an addition on your home. Whatever the improvement is, you want to make sure you get your return on investment. Better Homes and Gardens has some great ideas for home improvements that pay off.
1. Kitchen improvements: If your home is like most, the kitchen is where everybody ends up. You probably want this to be a nice area. Improvements to this area will be worth the time and effort. Simple things such as painting walls or cabinets can change the entire feel of the kitchen. Or larger items such as new countertops or appliances. All improvements in the kitchen will pay off.
2. Front entrance: Sprucing up your front door can make a huge impact on your home. Paint or replace your door, add new doorknobs and maybe add a nice porch plant or sculpture. It will make you happy every time you come home and it will also have an impact.
3. Simple landscaping: Landscaping includes everything from grass to expansive gardens. Depending on what you like, you could create your yard into an oasis or a simple and maintained yard. Either will have more appeal than a yard that hasn’t had any maintenance. Keep the grass trimmed and maybe add a garden or 2 with flowers or bushes. When properly maintained, these can have a huge impact.on anybody coming to your home.
4. Renewed surfaces: Do you have any flooring that is chipped or worn? Any counters that have seen better days? Cleaning those up can make a big difference without having to purchase new ones.
5. Faucets, light fixtures, knobs and pulls: This can make a noticeable difference throughout your home. Change all of your doorknobs to updated knobs, get new faucets for your bathrooms and kitchen, update your light fixtures and ceiling fans, and change drawer knobs and pulls around your home. These may not seem like a big deal, but they will definitely get noticed.
6. Additions and outdoor spaces: Additions can be tricky on whether or not they will be worth it. If you have a home with only one bathroom, adding another will benefit you. If you do not have a porch or deck, that could also be beneficial. If you want to add a pool and you have a small yard, this is probably not something that will benefit you in the long run.
Whether it is simple or big, home improvements are part of owning a home so you want to make the best decision you can in regards to them. If you are in the market for buying or selling a home, Ken Couture is the best realtor in Las Vegas to help you. Call us at (702) 476-0060 or fill out the form below.