Las Vegas was recently named one of the top dog-friendly cities in America.
As one of the leaders in medical insurance for pets, Trupanion analyzed its data from over half a million pets throughout the U.S. to see what were most popular breeds across the valley.
The top five most popular dog breeds in Las Vegas are:
- Chihuahua- Chihuahuas have a big personality in a tiny body, and they tend to be a one-person dog. Once they fall in love with you, you’re their person! Famous owners of the Chihuahua include Madonna, Reese Witherspoon, Paula Abdul and Jamie lee Curtis.
- Shi Tzu- Shih Tzus are sweet and love life! They take their noble origins seriously and love to be pampered — definitely living up to their responsibility as “royal lap dog!” Famous owners of the Shi Tzu include Queen Elizabeth, Bill and Melinda Gates, Mariah Carey and Beyonce.
- Yorkshire Terrier- Full of vigor and with a feisty personality, Yorkies bond closely with their humans and are affectionate and cuddly with those they trust. Famous owners of the Yorkshire Terrier include Missy Elliott, Tom Brady & Gisele Bundchen, Natalie Portman and Britney Spears.
- Labrador Retriever- Not only are these dogs incredibly smart, they have been the country’s most popular breed for 28 years in a row. They live life to the fullest as loyal, friendly dogs, eager to please. Famous owners of the Labrador Retriever include Miranda Lambert, Donna Karen, Kevin Costner and Betty White.
- Golden Retriever- The Golden Retriever is loyal and eager to please, paired with a happy-go-lucky and playful personality. The Golden Retriever is a wonderful choice for families with kids. Famous owners of the Golden Retriever include Oprah, Jennifer Aniston, Shakira and George Clooney.
Nationally, the most popular dogs were mixed breed followed by Labrador Retrievers, Golden Retrievers and Goldendoodles.
For more info, visit us on:
Follow us on:
FB: Ken Couture Realty Your Home Sold Guaranteed
Twitter: Ken Couture
Pinterest: Ken Couture
LinkedIn: Ken Couture Your Home Sold Guaranteed
Contact us at: